The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

February: Putting Students to the Test

One day, someone will prove that even Floridians suffer from Seasonal Affect Disorder. There’s no snow, true, but there’s no…well, anything.  New Year’s excitement fades, Valentine’s Day chocolates have been reduced to crumpled candy wrappers, and all we have to look forward to is a buffet of green food coloring on St. Patrick’s Day.

Time moves differently at school, though.  February’s not just February around here.  It’s when you get organized for springtime.  AP exams are the week of May 1- May 12, and the registration deadline is March 22.  AP students register through Bolles, and we will receive sign-up information shortly.  The SAT is March 11, and registration is open until February 28. We are halfway through the third quarter, and we will be done with the third quarter on March 16…just a little over three weeks away!

We might live in the land of sunshine, but we Floridian students suffer through a mid-winter slump like everyone else.  The cure is to look towards the future! Make a note in your calendar to look for the AP exam registration information, and think about whether you want to take the March SAT.  Other than that, remember: we’re halfway through the third quarter, and on our way to the end of school.

About the Contributor
Laina Segel, Co Editor-in-Chief
Laina Segel is a senior and fourth-year staffer at the Bolles Bugle. She is best known for her knack for writing amazing skits and for writing amazing articles with catchy headlines.