New Desks Roll in to Mrs. Chandler’s Room

Claire Cywes

The new desk feature a spinning seat, a space for backpacks, armrests, a rounded seat, and most importantly wheels.

Claire Cywes, Contributing Writer

This year, rolling desks were installed in Mrs. Chandler’s classroom. They will remain in the classroom for the rest of the year, and if the trial goes well, Bolles will buy these desks for more classrooms.

The desks have many features that make learning easier and more fun.  They have wheels on the bottom and a spinning seat.  They also have a space under the desk for backpacks.  The chairs have small armrests and a rounded seat that fits anyone’s body.

Hana Ali (‘19), a world history student, said, “They are fun and they make learning more fun.”

Julian Crosby (‘19) said, “I love them because they allow students to be more comfortable in a learning environment.  The more comfortable you are, the more you pay attention in class.”  

The students seem to really enjoy the chairs and they believe that the chairs make learning not only more fun, but also more easy.

Mrs.Chandler said that the chairs are “incredibly helpful” because students do not have to stay in rows and more group projects can be done.

She also said, “They would be helpful for any subject with a lot of student engagement, like English.”

All of the students in Mrs.Chandler’s classes love the new desks because they are very comfortable and easy to work in.  Hopefully, they will soon be adding more of these fun desks to our school.