The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

Fall Coffeehouse 2023 recap

The Bolles Bugle organizes and hosts the biannual Coffeehouse performance. Coffeehouse is an event for students to showcase their talents and skills. Performances range from fire juggling to dramatic readings of original stories. This year’s fall Coffeehouse was held in Lynch Theater on October 27th with the crucial help and support of the Arts Department faculty members Laura Ripple, John Jenkins, and James Rubia

Coffeehouse is always a fun-filled night that attendees and performers alike look forward to. While the Bugle staff loves comments from students about how much they loved the night or how much they are looking forward to seeing the acts, most students do not realize the planning, attention to detail, and last minute Publix runs that the Bugle staff puts in prior to the event. It is certainly a whole staff effort with every staff member contributing to MC-ing, bringing food, providing decorations, or choreographing the dance-along. 

The hard work certainly paid off because our Haunted Coffeehouse was a night to remember! With performances by Ty Neal, Tristan Schneider, Luke Meyers, Melody Cherry, Kate Youell, Sawyer Schimpff, John Cusick,  Alex Boutwell, Esha and Luke Meyers, Jaina Neal, Ashkon Shirazi, Brooks Baker, Isa Landa, Akshay Ketty, and Sam Greenhut. 

Performances included singing, skits, drumming, storytelling, displaying video game skills, and violin playing. 

About the Contributor
Isabel Schimpff
Isabel Schimpff, Coffeehouse Editor
Isabel Schimpff is a junior, third-year staffer and this year's Coffeehouse editor. She enjoys traveling with CISV, going to the ceramics studio, and getting ice cream with her friends. Her goal for this year is to get ahead of her deadlines and is proud of her interview skills. A fun fact about Isabel is that her favorite animal is a platypus.