Campus Support: Volleyball Cheers on Girls Basketball

Ann Maris Walton, PR Editor

On Wednesday night, the 25th of January, the Girls Varsity Volleyball team will attend the Girls Varsity Basketball game against the Bishop Kenny Crusaders at 7 p.m.

Over the volleyball season, strong friendships were created between the whole team. The volleyball team wants to attend the Bolles vs. Kenny game to support their fellow teammates Diane Milne ‘19 and Fatima Samb ‘20. Also, it is a big rivalry game for the lady Bulldogs against the Crusaders, so the volleyball team is happy to support the basketball team.

Lucy Milne ‘17 states, “This season our team bonded on such a deep level, and it really showed in games and even after the season. Even though our season is over, we still care about all our teammates, so we are going to attend the girls basketball game against BK to watch and support some of our teammates.”

Senior Sophia Mostovych ‘17 agreed with Milne and discussed how strong the bond is between the players on the volleyball team. Mostovych ‘17 stated, “It makes me happy that we can still be a team post season by supporting each other, like we are by watching our teammates’ game tomorrow night, and doing so all together.”

Fatima Samb ‘20 also recognizes the supportive dynamic between the volleyball and basketball team.

“The volleyball team is so supportive not only to me and Diane as fellow players, but also the entire basketball team. I am so appreciative of the bond that we all have all built and how this reflects not only through basketball season but all through high school.” Samb said.

Come help the Girls Varsity Volleyball team support the Girls Varsity Basketball team when they take on Bishop Kenny’s team at 7 p.m. in the Davis Gym. Go dogs!