The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

The Bolles Bugle

Signing Day

November 8 marked a momentous day for a few of our student athletes, as 16 seniors were celebrated for signing to continue their academic and athletic careers at the college level. 

Baseball player Chayce Kieck signed to Clemson University. Kieck talked about why he chose the school over others. “The coaching staff, baseball program, academics, and campus felt like a perfect fit and somewhere I felt at home.” He felt grateful for the opportunity and believed signing is “another big milestone in the process.” His teammate Spencer Stephens signed to the U.S. Naval Academy because he felt drawn to the serious environment . “It was relieving to sign and know that I will be calling The Naval Academy home for the next 4 years.” He was grateful to sign due to the stressful application process. To apply for the school, Stephens needed “4 nominations from Representatives Rick Scott and John Rutherford, Senator Marco Rubio, and Vice President Kamala Harris.” However, he looks forward to attending the U.S Naval Academy. Additionally, David Martin signed to Samford University for baseball.

Cross country and track runner Chris Joost signed to Boston College. 

Lacrosse player Gavin Boree signed to High Point University because he “liked how much they made being a winning team a priority.” He was excited to sign as he felt that this process has proven to be motivating and rewarding. His teammate Daylin John-Hill signed to Jacksonville University because of the lacrosse program and the people involved in it.” He is excited for the academic aspect as well, and can’t wait to study around the campus. Finally, Parker Kane signed to Florida Institute of Technology for lacrosse.

Swimmer Seth Tolentino decided to sign to Texas A&M University due to its proximity to home, as well as its competitive atmosphere. “It feels good and is a relief to make it official where I want to study and swim for college,” Tolentino said. Twins Alex and Kate Meyers-Labenz both signed to swim at Duke University. Alex Meyers-Labenz looks forward to attending the school and explains why it is the right fit for him. “It has both exceptional academics and athletics, and I want that balance in my college experience.” He said that the balance between the two is what separated Duke from many of his other choices. Kate Meyers-Labenz also chose Duke University because of its emphasis on both the classroom and pool. However, she highlighted the importance of the community in her decision. “Because Duke attracts many different people from around the world, it is an amazing opportunity to meet and engage with a diverse community of students,” she said. “It was also super special to be able to sign right next to my best friend and twin brother, Alex, who I get to spend the next four years with.” Additionally, swimmers Landon Kyser signed to University of Wisconsin, Sophia Joos signed to Emory University, Carter Lancaster signed to the University of California at Berkeley, Simany Lee signed to the University of Georgia, and Julia Murphy signed to Virginia Tech.

Volleyball player Ashlyn Anderson signed to Kennesaw State University, which she chose over many other colleges because she believed that the coaches there align best with her plans for her future. “I share similar core values as the coaches, and we seemed to be on the same page about what we wanted for my volleyball career and their program,” Anderson said. She feels that signing is “a dream come true” and looks forward to studying at the school. Teammate Bella Bergeron signed to Denison University because she “loved everything about the school; from the campus, the class size and the location.” She can’t wait to attend, play, and study at the school. 

Congratulations to all of the seniors who signed on November 8th! We can’t wait to follow you through your college career. 

About the Contributors
Isabel Bassin
Isabel Bassin, Co-Editor-In-Chief
Senior Isabel Bassin is a four-year staffer and a Co-Editor-In-Chief, as well as a captain of the varsity girl's lacrosse team. When not writing or playing lacrosse, she spends her free time with her geriatric dog, Charlie. She doesn't know what the future holds for her, but she is excited at the idea of the many places life and journalism may take her.
Ellie Stewart
Ellie Stewart, Copy Editor/Sports Editor
This year's Copy Editor and Sports Editor, Ellie Stewart, is a sophomore and a second-year staffer. She is a committed swimmer with an adventurous spirit and wishes to go scuba diving in the Bahamas. Ellie loves spending time with friends, all things beach, and reading. She hopes to use her abundant sports knowledge to write more articles for the Bolles sports community.