Fun at the Farmer’s Market

Kris McQueen, Photo Editor

March 10th, 2017  welcomed the Farmer’s market to the Bolles Upper School campus. Many came to sell local goods and students were granted the ability to pet the farm animals that were brought to encourage farm life.

“My life was made by holding a baby goat. It was like culture fair 2.0” said Mary Fletcher (‘18).

The booths that were stationed on the front lawn of the campus ranged from selling local honey to accepting donations for charities such as Angels for Allison. These booths gave the students a lot of information about the fresh local things that are better for you and how to be more helpful in the community. “It was solid, I really enjoyed it especially the free stuff,” said Jackson Roberts (‘19)

There was also an assortment of foods that were for sale. From full boxes of pizza to a variety of pies, these booths were the most popular along with the petting zoo. “It was alright, I had a popsicle so it was good. Got to pet some goats who screamed at me. All in all, yes it was a good time” said Sam Maroon (‘18).

The students really enjoyed the ability to relax between periods now that the end of the year is approaching and many classes are starting to go into the final stretch. “This was fun a way to chill and relax,” said Hayden Borowy (‘17).