The Summer Lives of Bolles Science Teachers

Ann Maris Walton, Contributing Writer

Several science teachers on the Bolles San Jose Campus have fun summer plans this summer to relax and escape from the stress of the school year.

This summer, Dr. Katherine Halloran, an AP and Honors Bio teacher, will very busy. One of the things Halloran will be doing is for her beloved Community Nutcracker. Halloran said, “we are investigating getting brand new flower and bud costumes.”

Halloran will also be “redoing those tutus because it is going to be the nutcracker’s 25th year anniversary, so we are refurbishing lots of costumes this summer to have them all ready and prettified by then.”

Also, this summer Halloran “will be helping out with the AP Biology Summer Institute for teachers here. I always help out with the lab portion of that, and I’ll help prepare for the Chemistry one too.”

For fun this summer, Halloran says she will be driving her car to North Arkansas and meeting her two brothers and her sister and their whole families. And they are going to be in one of the State parks up in the Ozarks for two weeks.”

Mr. Bullington, a Chemistry teacher on campus, will also be relaxing this summer.

Bullington says he is going “turn off my cell phone and put my computer away and I am going to enjoy my views of the Mediterranean Sea from the Port of Soller” when he travels to Mallorca, Spain with his wife and son.
Whether traveling or staying at home, teachers make the most out of summer!